DID YOU KNOW THAT THE MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT HAS INTRODUCED eLevy IN MARKETS AND BUS STATIONS?
What is eLevy?
eLevy is an electronic payment system managed by the Ministry of Local Government and operated by Kafue town Council and other councils across the Country to collect Levy Payments at Markets and Bus Stations.
Market Traders in Kafue must deposit funds into their Kazang prepaid account and levy payments are automatically processed.
HOW DOES eLevy WORK?
- Register for your eLevy account at the market Council office
- Select your Levy plan at registration (which can be Daily, Weekly or Monthly Payment Plan)
- Deposit money into your eLevy Kazang account using your NRC number as your account number.
- The Levy amount will be deducted from your account automatically based on the payment plan selected.
- You will receive an SMS receipt for your levy payment and your transactions will appear in your online account.
- When your account balance runs low, deposit money into your kazang eLevy account again to top up.
HOW TO TOP UP.
Use your Kazang Account to deposit funds into your prepaid eLevy account.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASH PAYMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. IF YOU OPT TO MAKE CASH PAYMENTS , YOU RISK BEING IN DEBT WITH KAFUE TOWN COUNCIL.