The mandate of the Department of Community Development is the provision of the Socio-economic empowerment of the less previllaged communities.
The General Objectives of the Department to eradicate poverty through empowerment of communities for sustainable human developmnet.
ROLES OF THE DEPARTMENT AND SERVICES OFFERED
- Identification and Implementation of Community Development Programmes
- Facilitation of Women Development Programmes
- Facilitation of Functional Literacy and Survival Skills Development
- Development and Implementation of Food Security (FSP) programmes
- Community Self-Help Initiative
- Micro-Credit Facility (Village Banking) to the underprivileged
These Services can be obtained from the Department of Community Development at the District Office or through the Sub-centre Offices based in the Communities
LIST OF PROJECTS BEING UNDERTAKEN
The Department Currently has three projects running in two subcentres under our Self-Help initiative programme. The following are the Projects and are community owned
- Construction of 3 Teachers houses at Shachinyama Community School, one house is on roof level,
- Construction of a road in Shachinyama.
- Construction of a Subcentre house.
These projects are based in Kasaka and Mongu Subcentres respectively . The Kasaka projects started in 2018 while the Mongu one started in 2019 and are all on-going.
Jayne Katongo Bwalya: A/g District Community Development Officer
Terry Moono: Assistant District Community Development Officer
Milumbe Cynthia Bbuku: Assistant District Community Development Officer